|Wenn 2012 Music Quiz|
|Lady Gaga News - Lady Gaga News|
|Tuesday, 01 January 2013 11:30|
Test your knowledge of the big showbiz news of 2012 with Wenn's quiz of the year. Tomorrow you can prove your Hollywood chops, but first let's see if you were paying attention to all things rock 'n' roll this year...
1. In Vh1's 100 Greatest Women in Music poll for 2012, who came out on top?
b. Lady Gaga
2. The Beastie Boys suffered a huge loss in May when founding member Adam 'MCA' Yauch lost his battle with cancer, but what was the title of their groundbreaking debut album?
a. Straight Outta Compton
b. Licensed to Ill
c. King of Rock
3. Lady Gaga was forced to cancel a concert in which Southeast Asian country in June after facing staunch opposition from conservative campaigners over her raunchy stage show?
a. The Philippines
4. Which R&B star's stepson died following a boating accident in July?
c. R. Kelly
5. Whitney Houston passed away in February, which star performed at her funeral?
a. Aretha Franklin
b. Mariah Carey
c. Alicia Keys
6. Which British singer performed at the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London?
a. Sir Paul MCCartney
b. Sir Elton John
7. Which female artist headlined America's 2012 Super Bowl half-time show?
b. Lady Gaga
8. Which tragic rapper performed at the 2012 Coachella Music Festival in California this summer via hologram?
a. Tupac Shakur
b. The Notorious B.I.G.
c. Ol' Dirty B**tard
9. Which members of 'N Sync were not invited to former bandmate Justin Timberlake's wedding to Jessica Biel in October?
a. Joey Fatone & JC Chasez
b. Lance Bass & Chris Kirkpatrick
c. All of them
10. Which rapper was left fuming after members of his entourage were arrested in Texas for allegedly smuggling heroin and marijuana aboard a tour bus?
c. Lil Wayne
11.How many trophies did Adele win at the annual BRIT Awards ceremony in London in February?
12. Which American artist scored a Number One hit in the U.S. with an album titled Born & Raised?
a. Maroon 5
b. John Mayer
c. Jack White
13. Which pop star released a perfume called Nude?
a. Britney Spears
c. Lady Gaga
14. Rihanna scored an international chart hit in November with her seventh record Unapologetic. What is the name of her debut album?
a. Good Girl Gone Bad
b. A Girl Like Me
c. Music of the Sun
15. Which star paired up with Muppets favourite Kermit The Frog for a hilarious duet on hit U.S. Tv show The Voice?
a. Christina Aguilera
b. Cee Lo Green
c. Mariah Carey
16. Which pop star inspired a bag for luxury British brand Mulberry which sold out within a day?
a. Lady Gaga
b. Florence Welch
c. Lana Del Rey
17. John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono has designed a range of what in his honour?
a. Music stands
18. Which band took legal action against the FBI after their fans were added to the organisation's National Gang Threat Assessment list?
a. Linkin Park
b. Insane Clown Posse
c. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
19. Which two pop stars were photographed covered in blood following a car crash in Los Angeles in August?
a. Elton John and George Michael
b. Katy Perry and Rihanna
c. Cheryl Cole and will.i.am
20. Which star unveiled her baby bump on the red carpet at the MTv Video Music Awards in September?
a. Amber Rose
c. Rochelle Humes
21. American Music Awards officials made history this year by adding a new category, Favorite Artist - Electronic Dance Music. Who was the first winner?
a. David Guetta
c. Calvin Harris
22. Which Kardashian sister is Kanye West currently dating?
23. Pop star Pink returned from maternity leave this year with a brand new album. What is the title?
a. The Truth About Sex
b. The Truth About Money
c. The Truth About Love
24. Who is Not a member of the boy band One Direction
a. Harry Styles
b. Niall Payne
c. Louis Tomlinson
25. Whitney Houston died in her hotel room the night before which big awards ceremony?
a. The Grammys
b. The Oscars
c. The Golden Globes
26. Which British singer cancelled a tour of Australia to seek treatment for "anxiety"?
a. Robbie Williams
b. Rod Stewart
c. George Michael
27. Which cult band reunited for the first time in 16 years for a series of shows in Europe and three enormous gigs in their hometown of Manchester, England in the summer?
a. New Order
b. Stone Roses
c. The Smiths
28. The Rolling Stones' official 50th anniversary shows took place in London, New York, and which other city?
a. Berlin, Germany
b. Tokyo, Japan
c. Newark, U.S.
29. Who won Britain's coveted Mercury Prize in November?
b. Lianne La Havas
c. Richard Hawley
30. Which two rock legends were cut off by organisers as they overran the curfew during an encore at a gig in London's Hyde Park?
a. Sir Elton John and Bruce Springsteen
b. Sir Paul MCCartney and Sir Elton John
c. Bruce Springsteen and Sir Paul MCCartney